A.S Scientific Products Ltd. is one of the world's major suppliers of high specification, low temperature engineering equipment. We offer complete support, from concept design through to final construction and commissioning. Clients have unlimited access to the substantial experience and resources of our Cryogenic, Vacuum Pipeline Systems (SIVL), Industrial Cryogenics and Precision Machined and Fabricated Components divisions.
We appreciate that everyone learns and thinks in different ways; therefore, if you would prefer to provide your information in a different format; for example, over the phone, or you need support in completing your application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|Vacancy location||2 Barton Lane, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire OX14 3NB|
|Training location||OAS, Culham Science Park, OX14 3DB|
|Working week||36 hours|
|Wage||Annual salary: £9,547.20 per annum|
|Expected duration||48 months|
Excellent opportunity to work for a company based in Abingdon which is one of the world’s major suppliers of high specification, low temperature engineering equipment.
We are looking for a disciplined, committed, hard worker who has a good work ethic and who we can train to fit into a highly skilled team. The opportunities are endless for the right person.
After 1st year at college, we will continue to train you in Manual Lathes -
• CNC Lathes,
• CNC Mills, working on various projects, in various materials - most of our work is 1 off small batch,
• You will be expected to fully inspect your own work on completion of you machining,
• We mainly work in stainless steel, other materials include Aluminium, Brass, Copper, etc.
We encourage people to see a job through on machining where possible, so to include any finish machining after welding.
• Our machines are varied so too is the size of our job, as the apprentice gains confidence they would be expected to use our larger lathes and Horizontal borer.
In Year 2 there will be an opportunity to look at attaining TIG welding qualification – training will be delivered in-house with the employer.
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Able to learn practical skills quickly
• Ability to work in a team
• Practical individual
• Hard working and good work ethic
• Highly motivated, good communication skills, confidence in own ability
• Able to work as part of a team also able to work through a job with minimum supervision after training,
• Good time keeping skills.
Qualifications required: 5 GCSE at A*-C+ / 4 (grade or higher) or equivalent - Maths, English and STEM subject essential.
Full time position and progression for the right candidates.
See our website for more information about AS Scientific Products: http://www.asscientific.com/