We provide apprentice training for Oxfordshire science and hi-tech employers that offers:
- Guaranteed quality of supervision and training, producing work-ready engineers and technicians;
- Training in a workplace context, in a culture of focus, discipline and commitment;
- Employer-led training with opportunities to identify key skills and tailor the programme to your future requirements;
- Access to new technology and equipment;
- Options for training your existing workforce and developing their skills.
Business benefits of employing apprentices
- Addressing skills shortages: apprentices can increase the overall capability of the workforce, improving the quality of service or product.
- Apprentices can help bring a fresh perspective and new skills to a team.
- They are shown to increase employee satisfaction and loyalty, leading to lower staff turnover.
- Supporting an apprentice is a great development opportunity for existing employees and is rewarding and satisfying for them.
What we offer
Oxfordshire Advanced Skills apprentices work towards the Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard. Trainees spend the first year full time at the OAS centre at Culham. In year two, they spend one day a week at the centre and four days a week in the workplace. This is followed by workplace development and competence assessment of skills in years three and four, with the option to complete an HNC.
Find out more on our training programme page.
How to get involved
If you are an employer interested in working with Oxfordshire Advanced Skills, we would be delighted to talk to you.
Please get in touch using the form below or see our full contact details on the contact us page.