OAS is a hi-tech engineering apprenticeship programme delivered both in centre and in industry. Our focus is on developing the next generation of engineers to support the future skills of businesses across Oxfordshire.
Working with our employer partners from across Oxfordshire, the Thames Valley and surrounding areas, we will match you up with an employer to secure your place on our apprenticeship programme to help you get a head start.
We offer training towards the Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard, a qualification designed by engineering employers.
Why choose OAS for your apprenticeship?
- Receive quality training in a purpose-built modern facility containing the latest equipment on a leading scientific research site.
- Obtain a top level qualifications recognised by employers throughout the UK.
- Be on an apprenticeship with progression into high level technical careers.
- Experience learning with like-minded people.
- Have good transport links for easy access.
Apprenticeships are an increasingly popular career option, particularly for people finishing school or college. They offer the chance to ‘earn as you learn’ and gain the skills to get a head start in your future career.
Benefits of doing an apprenticeship
- Gaining nationally recognised qualifications
- Earning a salary while you receive training
- A job at the end of the apprenticeship
- Paid holidays
- Specific training
- Developing both personal and technical skills
- Getting experience of the workplace
- Working in a team with a variety of different people
- Working and developing alongside other apprentices
Find out more about apprenticeships at http://www.getingofar.gov.uk/